Tom French MRICS FAAV
01233 740077 / 07900 250433
In addition to his role as Managing Partner, Tom has a busy and varied private client practice. He has particular expertise in rural valuation and is a strong and experienced negotiator in rent reviews and tenancy discussions.
Tom is a leading specialist in compulsory purchase and compensation work having acted for over 40% of those affected by the Channel Tunnel Rail Link (HS1). He has been retained by the NFU to speak and advise on the implications of HS2 and is also currently involved in consultations over the Lower Thames Crossing options.
Tom comes from a Kent farming family in the North Kent area and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor and Fellow of the Association of Agricultural Valuers in 1994. Having gained his professional experience working with Mike Bax and Richard Thomas, he was a founding partner of BTF. As Managing Partner he is responsible for the strategic and operational side of the business.
- Compulsory Purchase and Compensation Claims
- Telecommunication and Renewables infrastructure
- Landlord & Tenant and Agricultural Tenancy Legislation
- Share farming and contracting agreements, joint venture arrangements and optimising business structures
- Strategic Estate Management & Development
- E.U. Subsidies and Common Agricultural Policy
- Valuations for taxation and secured lending
RICS Registered Valuer